We’ve all been there: you’re tired of doing the same things over and over again with your significant other – the same restaurants, the same bars. Isn’t it time and you kick it up a notch and try something a little different and exciting? I came up with this list called “8 Fun Date Night Ideas Boston Area” to help you rediscover the fun on your date nights!
Fun Date Night Ideas Boston-Style
I’ve tried to find unique, fascinating date ideas that cover a wide range of interests. Whether an introvert or an extrovert, a bookworm or a thrill seeker, you are sure to find something on my list for you.
For a Quiet Date
- Harvard Museum of Natural History – It’s quiet and dimly lit. With it’s many biodome-like exhibits, it’s like having a date in many different places. The highlight of this museum, however, is The Glass Flowers exhibit. These beautiful glass replicas will be sure to make any girl’s heart flutter.
- Margaret C. Ferguson Greenhouses (Wellesley College) – This place is really cool; forget the date, I’d check this place out even by myself! It’s 16 interconnected greenhouses with over 7,200 square feet of space. It features plants and landscapes from all sorts of climates – from deserts to the tropics and everything in between. You’ll be sure to find a romantic spot among the flowers to steal a kiss or two. It’s my favorite on this list of date night ideas Boston.
- Hammond Castle – This museum in Gloucester was originally built in the 20’s to serve as both a home and as a showcase for John Hays Hammond, Jr.’s extensive collection of medieval artifacts. If you’re a couple who enjoys history or art or a couple just looking to explore an American castle, this is for you.
For an Exciting Date
- F1 Boston – Located in Braintree, F1 Boston is a great way to get the heart pumping and amp up that competitive spirit. Go-kart racing is always a fun time and a great bonding experience for couples (just let her win at least once).
- Optigolf – This establishment in Middleton prides itself as the ultimate indoor golf experience. It features nine golf simulators as well as a bar and a selection of food. Why is it a great place for a date? Well think about how cozy it would be when you show each other how to stand for a proper tee off or toast each other over a beer after a great shot.
- The Strand – The Historic Strand Theatre in Clinton combines two dates in one, dinner AND a movie. This theatre is one of the oldest in the area and has managed to keep the quaint charm of yesteryear. They serve food and drinks while playing current movies.
- Sky Zone – or Skyzone? I’ve seen it spelled both ways on their site, anyways jumping around in a room full of giant trampolines sounds like a ton of fun. On my list of date night ideas Boston, I think this would be the easiest date to break the ice – bouncing around and making a fool of yourself will certainly ease the first date tensions or help you both rediscover your inner child.
- Tri-State Speedway – Another racing establishment, this time in Central Mass. (Dudley). Tri-State Speedway not only features go-karts but also an arcade, bowling, mini golf and bumper cars. It’s a fun, active date where you two can be goofy and let it all hang out.
So that’s my list of 8 fun date ideas in the Boston area. You should also check out my guide to romantic places in Boston for some more fun suggestions.
Where do you like to go on your date nights? What is the most interesting date you’ve been on? Comment below and let me know
Image Sources: Wikimedia Commons, Flickr users flickrsteve, photorad, golflocal and vegasstek